One of the best ways to resolve dental issues is to avoid getting them in the first place, and the best way to do that is by visiting your dentist regularly for your routine dental exam and cleaning. Of course it’s also important to brush and floss every day at home, but no matter how diligent you may be with your personal oral hygiene habits, you’ll never be able to remove all the plaque and tartar that build up over time if you don’t have your teeth professionally cleaned. At Taylor Dental Associates, we encourage our patients to schedule dental exam and cleaning appointments for every member of the family. We are proud to provide high quality dental services to patients from throughout the Taylor, TX, area.
Why Your Dental Exam & Cleaning is So Important
If you don’t have a professional dental hygienist remove plaque and tartar buildup on a routine basis, you run the risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease. It’s just that simple. It’s also vital that your dentist performs a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, checking for signs of tooth decay, gum disease and oral cancer. Many times, you may not even realize that there is an issue, and it’s always best to catch these problems as early as possible.
What to Expect in your Dental Exam & Cleaning
Although the exact details of your exam and cleaning vary to a certain extent, depending on your oral health history and current condition, you can usually expect that the following will be performed during your dental exam and cleaning:
- Your dentist and your hygienist will both visually examine your mouth, checking the condition of your teeth and gums, as well as any existing dental work.
- Your hygienist will take X-rays when necessary.
- Your dentist will check for any signs of oral cancer that might be present.
- Your hygienist may measure the depth of gum pockets that form around teeth.
- Your hygienist will professionally clean and polish your teeth.
Contact Our Office Today
To schedule an appointment for your dental exam & cleaning visit, call our Taylor, TX, office today.